The best care for your favorite parts
With our care instructions we want to show you how to best care for your favorite items so that they last as long as possible. We strive for our products to be both durable and as sustainable as possible. There's a lot we can do to extend the life of our accessories:
- We recommend treating our leather bags with beeswax before first use to make them water-repellent and dirt-resistant. Since the leather is vegetable tanned, it will develop a beautiful patina over time and the natural colored leather will darken over time.
- Apply beeswax thinly to the dry leather with your bare hand. Don't be alarmed, the leather will briefly darken until the wax has absorbed. Repeat regularly 1 to 2 times a year.
- We also recommend spraying your bag (48 hours later) with waterproofing spray after the beeswax to make it water-repellent.
- Please spray with waterproofing spray. If there are stains, never use water to clean them!
- Please do not grease the suede leather with beeswax!
Washing your bag less is not unhygienic, but rather reduces the burden on our environment. The less often we wash our textiles, the longer they last. Not every item needs to be washed after wearing it once! 30 degrees is usually enough to remove stains.
For most textiles it is sufficient to wash them at 30°C (cold).
Environmentally friendly care product
Good organic detergents have a significantly lower impact on the environment, they do not contain phosphates, do not contain microplastics and petroleum-based ingredients and clean with surfactants, soaps and softeners made from plant or mineral raw materials.
Low spin speed
Tend to choose a low spin speed to protect your pocket. High spin speeds can put a strain on the fibers.
If you wash a bag in the machine, you should always turn it inside out, close the zippers, put more delicate parts in a laundry bag, pull them into shape after washing and, ideally, let them air dry directly (better not in the sun).
- To wash, remove the cord, turn the duffel bag inside out and put both in the washing machine on a delicate wash at 30° on a low spin cycle
- Do not tumble dry
- Pull the wet duffel bag into shape and hang it to dry. Grease the leather details when they are dry. Sunlight may fade the fabric color slightly
- If you want your duffel bag to be more water-repellent, treat it with a special waterproofing agent for cotton.
- Remove the leather strap from the zipper (on Berlin Bag, Lune Bag)
- Place in the washing machine at 30° in a laundry bag on a low spin cycle (400 revolutions).
- Pull the bag into shape and dry it in the fresh air
- Sunlight may fade the fabric color slightly
- If there are only small stains, you can put the bag in the washing machine by hand or in a delicates bag at 30° on a low spin cycle (400 revolutions). It's best not to fill the drum full and add another 2 liters of water to the detergent compartment. Do not tumble dry. Pull the wet bag into shape and hang it to air dry (no sun).
- Linen fabric from the collection until 2022: The half-linen fabric or the leather patch could bleed when washed. We therefore recommend taking large bags from the Sahara collection to the dry cleaner, as laundries wash in large drums and the fabric cannot bleed out there.
- The Sahara fabric half linen could bleed when washed. We therefore recommend taking all bags from the Sahara collection to the dry cleaner, as laundries wash in large drums and the fabric cannot bleed out there.
- If there are only small stains, you can put the bag in the washing machine by hand or in a delicates bag at 30° on a low spin cycle (400 revolutions).
- Be sure to remove the leather strap to wash.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Pull the wet bag into shape and hang it to dry.
- If you want your Noeud Bag to be more water-repellent, treat it with a special impregnation agent for cotton.
- This duffel bag is made from 100% natural pure sheep's wool.
- Since it is an animal fiber, be sure to put a lavender sachet in your bag if it is not going to be used for a long time.
- It is water-repellent, dirt-resistant and very robust.
- It's best not to wash the duffel bag - you can simply brush any dirt or stains off the dry wool.
- If it is very dirty, you can put it in the washing machine at 30° in a delicates bag on a low spin cycle (400 revolutions).
- To wash the cord, remove it from the duffel bag and put it in the washing machine at 30°.
- The absorbent cotton is pleasantly soft and light.
- You can put the towel in the washing machine at 30° on a delicate cycle.
- Do not tumble dry
- Pull the wet cloth into shape and hang it to dry
- Then iron to make the edges of the cloth smooth.
Bucket Bag Natural in unworn condition. On the right is the degree of darkening after a year of regular use.
On the left is the Natural leather backpack in unworn condition. On the right is the degree of darkening after a year of regular use.